CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING & INSPECTION
Exceptional opportunity to join the Transportation team with a civil engineering/consulting company in the Birmingham, AL area. Will be an immediate key contributor to new and exciting projects.
Job responsibilities include administrative and technical work in civil engineering construction engineering and inspection. Th Project Manager shall act as the first contract between the contractor and the client. The Project Manager shall be responsible for supervision of all employees assigned to the project. The Project Manager shall ensure that the project is built in accordance with project plans and specifications under which the contract was awarded. The Project Manager shall report directly to the client and to the Department Head.
Training / Experience
- Ten years of experience in construction inspection, surveying or highway materials testing and inspection or a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Registered Professional Engineer with five years of experience in construction inspection, surveying or highway materials testing and inspection. One or more of the following certifications preferred.
- Certified Asphalt Technician Level I – Field Tester
- Certified Level II – Quality Management Technician
- Certified Asphalt Roadway Technician
- Work Zone Safety Certification
- Certified Concrete Technician (ACI and ALDOT certification)
- Radiological Safety Course Certification
- Qualified Credentialed Inspector (QCI)
Disclaimer / Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The advertising company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. This company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.