TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER - E.I.
Exceptional opportunity to join the Transportation team with a civil engineering/consulting company in the Birmingham, AL area. Candidate will be an immediate key contributor to new and exciting projects.
- Work with clients such as the state, cities and counties of Alabama, in addition to private clients
- Prepare engineering plans, construction documents, maps, reports, construction cost estimates and other project related items
- Design projects that include public and private road systems, grading, drainage, erosion and sediment control, and traffic control plans
- Read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction documents, soil and material reports, and government regulations
- Perform drainage and hydraulics calculations
- Work under the supervision of a Project Manager
Training / Experience
- 0-3 years Design Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or a closely related field
- E.I. required from the State of Alabama
- Experience with MicroStation and Inroads, experience in Openroads is encouraged
- Strong analytical skills and good technical writing ability
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and work well with coworkers, clients and contractors
- Strong working knowledge of general civil engineering principles
- Willingness to learn new programs for design
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules, overtime as needed
Disclaimer / Affirmative Action / Employment Opportunity
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities form time to time, as needed.
The advertising company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. This company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin age, sexual orientation gender identity disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.