TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER -PE
Exceptional opportunity to join the Transportation team with a civil engineering/consulting company in the Birmingham, AL area. Candidate will be an immediate key contributor to new and exciting projects.
- Work with clients such as the state, cities and counties of Alabama, in addition to private clients
- Prepare and review engineering plans, construction documents, maps, reports, construction cost estimates and other project related items
- Design projects that include public and private road systems, grading, drainage, erosion and sediment control, and traffic control plans
- Perform drainage and hydraulics calculations
- Attend project meetings and design review meetings
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to team members as needed
- 4-10 years Design Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or a closely related field
- P.E. required from the State of Alabama
- Extensive knowledge of MicroStation and Inroads, experience in Openroads is encouraged
- Experience with drainage programs such as StormCAD, Culvert Master, HYCHL, North American Green
- Ability to create 3-D models and renderings preferred
- Strong analytical skills and good technical writing ability
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and work well with coworkers, clients and contractors
- Strong working knowledge of general civil engineering principles
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules, overtime as needed
Disclaimer / Affirmative Action / Employment Opportunity
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities form time to time, as needed.
The advertising company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. This company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin age, sexual orientation gender identity disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.